Coronavirus COVID-19 Service Update
Our face to face services are now closed until the end of March 2020 as a precautionary measure to protect our service users, staff, volunteers, and the general public from the risk of COVID-19 virus.
We will still be providing our Monday Chats Service for information, referral, and advice. However we won’t be providing this in person, you can avail of it digitally, by email, sms, phone call, or video conference. To arrange a Monday Chat please use the ‘contact us page‘.
Our crisis counselling service run in partnership with Pieta House will continue to operate. However it will also move to a digitally based service. Your counselor will be in touch with you directly to provide more information to you.
If you need support during this period, please reach out to the following services which we have confirmed are open and offering support (some may have delays).
- Call the LGBT Helpline on 1890 929 539 – Monday to Thursday, 6:30 – 10pm, Fridays 4 – 10pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 4 to 6pm.
- Visit lgbt.ie to access their instant messaging support service from 6:30 – 10pm, 7 days a week.
- Outhouse will be taking calls on 01 8734999 from 12:00 to 3:00pm Monday to Friday to provide signposting and information
- Text LGBTI+ to 086 1800 280 and chat in confidence, 24/7 with a trained crisis volunteer over text. Standard SMS rates may apply.
- The Samaritans provide confidential, non-judgemental support 24 hours a day at 116 123.
If you need them, the following STI clinics are providing limited services at this time:
- If you have urgent symptoms of an STI, the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital in Dublin has a phone line on either 01 803 2063 or 086 406 9811. Leave a message, and a Sexual Health Nurse will return your call.
- University Hospital Waterford is offering limited STI testing services with a phone triage service as well as PEP through clinic or the Emergency Department out of hours.
- The Midlands Regional Hospital in Portlaoise is continuing to run limited STI testing and services with telephone support available 10am to 2pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday on 086 859 1273.
- University Hospital Limerick will be providing two urgent STI clinics per week, including for extended PrEP prescriptions.