Belong To is committed to the highest level of governance in our work to support LGBTQ+ young people and their families in Ireland.
The trust of our funders, supporters and donors is important to us and we work hard to demonstrate our transparency, openness and honesty.
- We are proud that Belong To has been verified as a Triple Locked member of the Charities Institute Ireland.
- We have been nominated for a Good Governance Award for four years in a row.
- We are fully compliant with all relevant Irish charity legislation and regulatory frameworks.
- Our accounts are prepared in accordance with the Charities SORP.
- Our Board of Directors has been awarded Charity Board of the Year for three years in a row by Charity Institutes Ireland.
Belong To is a registered charity in the Republic of Ireland. The charity was founded in 2023. You can read the constitution here. The Registered Charity Number is 20059798.
Belong To is governed by a Board of Directors who are also Trustees of the Charity. The Board of Directors is committed to achieving the highest standards of governance.
The Charity has completed adopting an implementing the Charites Governance Code issued by the Charites Regulator.
Read our policies and procedures documents:
- Data Retention and Erasure Policy
- Feedback, Compliments, and Complaints Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Safety Policy Statement
- Data Protection Policy
- Cookies Policy
- Lobbying Policy
- Ethical Fundraising Policy
- Sponsorship Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Child Safeguarding Statement
- Code of Conduct – LGBTI+ Young People and Adults
- Staff Code of Conduct
- Child Protection and Welfare Policy
- Vetting Policy
- COVID-19 Vetting Policy Amendment
- Volunteer Impact Assessment
- Risk Assessment 2022-2024
- Safe Guarding Statement and Guiding Principles 2022-2024
- Safeguarding Implementation
Fundraising Best Practice
We treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Belong To.
Our fundraising practices are in compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.