Our vision is to create a world where young LGBTI+ people are safe, valued and equal in their experiences. Through support, dialogue, and education we can achieve this.
We regularly offer specialised LGBTI+ training to mental health professionals, the education and the corporate sector. During these training sessions, we work to break down barriers associated with LGBTI+ identity, educate individuals around terminology, and inspire them to support their LGBTI+ colleagues, friends, and community.
Stand Up Awareness Week Teacher Training 2019:
Our 2019 training will take place in a number of locations across Ireland. Fill in the form below to reserve your spot today. The training sessions will take place from 5.30-8pm in your local Education Centre.
- Cork Education and Support Centre, October 29th
- Blackrock, Dublin September 24th
- Drumcondra, Dublin October 2nd (This workshop is now full.)
- Dublin West, Dublin October 8th (This workshop is now full.)
- Donegal Education Centre October 2nd (this will take place from 6-8.30pm)
- Galway Education Centre, October 10th (This workshop is now full.)
- Kilkenny Education Centre, October 1st
- Limerick Education Centre, October 1st
- Louth September 25th (taking place in Outcomers, 8 Roden Pl, Townparks, Dundalk)
- Mayo Education Centre, September 18th
- Waterford Teachers Centre, October 16th
- Wexford, October 22nd (this training will take place at FDYS, Francis Street, Wexford Y35 P9CF).
- Wicklow, October 9th (Marine House KWETB Training Centre)
* These fields are required.
Supporting the Mental Health of LGBTI+ Young People
Join us in partnership with Jigsaw, for a one-day workshop on the topic of supporting LGBTI+ young people’s mental health. These free of charge workshops are for anyone who works or volunteers with young people. Participants must be from the catchment area of the local Jigsaw service.
- Develop knowledge of the language and terminology concerning LGBTI+ issues.
- Understand the current landscape of LGBTI+ young people’s mental health
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Learn practical strategies to help build the resilience of LGBTI+ young people.
Locations and Dates
- Dublin, September 26th: To book your place email email@example.com or call 086 7409163.
- Limerick, October 10th: To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 974 510.
- Galway, October 16th: To book your place email email@example.com or call 091 549 252.
- Meath, October 30th: To book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 046 907 1702.
- Dublin 15, November 6th: To book your place, email email@example.com or call 01 890 5810.
- Donegal, November 20th: To book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 074 972 6920.