LGBTI+ Young People in Care Advisory Group
We are excited to support EPIC (empowering people in care) with the creation of a series of videos and resources to raise awareness of LGBTI+ young people in care.
We are looking for LGBTI+ young people (over 18 years) with experience of being in care to join the Advisory Group.
What to expect:
- The Advisory Group will meet over the course of 3 evenings and one full day.
- Meetings will take place in EPIC Head Office, 7 Red Cow Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7 on Tuesday evenings from 6.30-8.30pm (March 3rd, 10th, and 24th) and one Saturday (10am-5pm) March 21st.
- Food and refreshments will be provided.
- Travel expenses will be covered by EPIC.
- There will be EPIC and BeLonG To staff there to facilitate the process, an advocate should any advocacy issues arise during the process and all group members will have access to an onsite counsellor should any matters arise.
- Each member of the group will receive a voucher as a thank you for their participation.
If you would like to get more information or are interested in joining the group, contact EPCI on 01 8727 661.
Celebrity hairdresser Andrew Fitzsimons talks about the importance of LGBTQ+ allies during Stand Up Awareness Week.
Stand Up Awareness Week, Ireland’s largest LGBTQ+ anti-bullying campaign, takes place from November 6-10, 2023 Celebrity hairdresser ...Read more
Why we decided to leave Twitter/X
Our vision is a society where LGBTQ+ young people are equal, safe and thriving This includes both offline and online spaces At Belong ...Read more
Belong To Welcomes Government Commitment to Outlaw Conversion Practices
Belong To Welcomes Government Commitment to Outlaw Conversion Practices Belong To strongly welcomes Minister O’Gorman’s ...Read more