Our vision is to create a world where young LGBTQ+ people are safe, valued, and equal in their experiences. Through support, dialogue, and education we can achieve this.
We regularly offer specialised LGBTQ+ training to mental health professionals, the education, and the corporate sector. During these training sessions, we work to break down barriers associated with LGBTQ+ identity, educate individuals around terminology, and inspire them to support their LGBTQ+ colleagues, friends, and community.
We offer interactive online training for those working in the education, youth, and corporate sector:
Supporting the Mental Health of LGBTI+ Young People with Jigsaw
The course explores LGBTQ+ terminology, mental health and LGBTI+ young people, and strategies for creating LGBTQ+ safe and supportive spaces.
This training is a self-directed online course that takes approximately 2.5 hours, done in your own time and at your own pace. Upon completing the course, you will receive a Certificate.
By the end of this training programme, participants should be able to:
- Utilise appropriate language and terminology when supporting LGBTQ+ young people.
- Discuss the current landscape of LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
- Outline the impact of minority stress upon LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
- Apply practical strategies to help build resilience among the LGBTQ+ young people they work with.
We are delighted to offer you this free online volunteer course to help you learn about inclusive language and feel confident supporting LGBTQ+ young people in your community. We are grateful to Bank of Ireland for supporting this online course.
The course is targeted at volunteers working directly with young people in the heart of communities around Ireland such as scout leaders, club volunteers, girl guides, and many more.