Our vision is to create a world where young LGBTI+ people are safe, valued, and equal in their experiences. Through support, dialogue, and education we can achieve this.
We regularly offer specialised LGBTI+ training to mental health professionals, the education, and the corporate sector. During these training sessions, we work to break down barriers associated with LGBTI+ identity, educate individuals around terminology, and inspire them to support their LGBTI+ colleagues, friends, and community.
We offer interactive online training for those working in the education, youth, and corporate sector:
Stand Up Awareness Week Training 2020
This training has now come to an end for 2020. If you are interested in signing up for Stand Up Awareness Week click here.
Supporting the Mental Health of LGBTI+ Young People
Our popular mental health training in partnership with Jigsaw is back – and now online! This free training is for adults (18+) who work or volunteer with young people in their communities on the topic of supporting LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
The course will take the format of an online self-directed course, followed by a Zoom live online workshop. Participants can choose from one of two dates:
- Wednesday, November 24th: 10am-1pm
- Tuesday, December 8th: 10am-1pm
By the end of this programme, participants should be able to:
- Utilise the appropriate language and terminology when supporting LGBTI+ young people.
- Discuss the current landscape of LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Outline the impact of minority stress upon LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Apply practical strategies to help build resilience among the LGBTI+ young people they work with.
This training is now full. Please check back regularly as we are hoping to run some more of these training sessions early in 2021.