Our vision is to create a world where young LGBTI+ people are safe, valued, and equal in their experiences. Through support, dialogue, and education we can achieve this.
We regularly offer specialised LGBTI+ training to mental health professionals, the education, and the corporate sector. During these training sessions, we work to break down barriers associated with LGBTI+ identity, educate individuals around terminology, and inspire them to support their LGBTI+ colleagues, friends, and community.
We offer interactive online training for those working in the education, youth, and corporate sector:
Stand Up Awareness Week Training 2021
Stand Up Awareness Week takes place from November 15-19th, 2021. We are providing free online training those working in second-level school, Youthreach and youth services. Click here to sign up today.
Supporting the Mental Health of LGBTI+ Young People with Jigsaw
The course explores LGBTI+ terminology, mental health and LGBTI+ young people, and strategies for creating LGBTI+ safe and supportive spaces.
This training is a self-directed online course that takes approximately 2.5 hours, done in your own time and at your own pace. Upon completing the course, you will receive a Certificate.
Once you have completed the online course, you can join us for an Zoom live online workshop to expand your learning. You can choose from one of two dates for the live workshop:
- Tuesday, October 12th,10 am-1 pm
- Thursday, November 4th, 10 am-1 pm
By the end of this training programme, participants should be able to:
- Utilise appropriate language and terminology when supporting LGBTI+ young people.
- Discuss the current landscape of LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Outline the impact of minority stress upon LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Apply practical strategies to help build resilience among the LGBTI+ young people they work with.