Our vision is to create a world where young LGBTI+ people are safe, valued, and equal in their experiences. Through support, dialogue, and education we can achieve this.
We regularly offer specialised LGBTI+ training to mental health professionals, the education, and the corporate sector. During these training sessions, we work to break down barriers associated with LGBTI+ identity, educate individuals around terminology, and inspire them to support their LGBTI+ colleagues, friends, and community.
Stand Up Awareness Week Training 2020:
To help you prepare for Stand Up Awareness Week 2020, we are offering free online LGBTI+ Workshops for Educators and Youthreach Staff this autumn. Our training is interactive, engaging, and will build your capacity to meet the needs of LGBTI+ young people. This training is ideal for Croke Park hours fulfillment.
During these two-hour Workshops, you will learn how to make your school a friendlier place for LGBTI+ students, support LGBTI+ students and ideas on how to run Stand Up Awareness Week in your school or Youthreach – whether it is online or offline.All workshops will take place between 7 – 9pm.
- Ulster: Tuesday, October 6th
- Munster: Thursday, October 8th
- Connacht: Tuesday, October 13th
- Leinster: Thursday, October 15th
- Youthreach: Tuesday, October 20th
Registration will open on Monday, August 31st via a form on this page. Once you have registered, you will be emailed a Zoom link which is valid for the workshop. If you cannot make your regional training, please choose another date that is suitable.
By the end of these training sessions, participants should be able to:
- Design and implement an effective Stand Up Awareness Week in their school or Youthreach.
- Make use of the correct language and terminology when supporting LGBTI+ young people.
- Discuss the nuances of gender and sexual identity among LGBTI+ young people.
- Identify ways in which they can make their school/Youthreach a safe and supportive environment for LGBTI+ young people.
- Outline how Belong To supports LGBTI+ young people and those who work with them.
We offer interactive online training for those working in the education, youth, and corporate sector: