Our vision is to create a world where young LGBTI+ people are safe, valued, and equal in their experiences. Through support, dialogue, and education we can achieve this.
We regularly offer specialised LGBTI+ training to mental health professionals, the education, and the corporate sector. During these training sessions, we work to break down barriers associated with LGBTI+ identity, educate individuals around terminology, and inspire them to support their LGBTI+ colleagues, friends, and community.
We offer interactive online training for those working in the education, youth, and corporate sector:
Supporting the Mental Health of LGBTI+ Young People with Jigsaw
The course explores LGBTI+ terminology, mental health and LGBTI+ young people, and strategies for creating LGBTI+ safe and supportive spaces.
This training is a self-directed online course that takes approximately 2.5 hours, done in your own time and at your own pace. Upon completing the course, you will receive a Certificate.
By the end of this training programme, participants should be able to:
- Utilise appropriate language and terminology when supporting LGBTI+ young people.
- Discuss the current landscape of LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Outline the impact of minority stress upon LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Apply practical strategies to help build resilience among the LGBTI+ young people they work with.