We are delighted to launch our new online training course, ‘Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Sports’.
Research tells us that many LGBTQ+ young people can feel excluded from sports and there is still work to do to ensure that sport is inclusive to everyone.
The interactive course includes videos, exercises and quizzes. The course is designed to empower professionals with the skills and awareness needed to provide a more supportive environment for LGBTQ+ youth engaging in sport.
As part of the training, participants will learn about:
- Participation of LGBTQ+ youth in sport.
- The impact of casual homophobia in sport.
- Actions to create a safe, inclusive club.
- LGBTQ+ terminology and language.
- Inclusion and bias.
This training is a self-directed online course that takes approximately 45-minutes, so you can do it in your own time and at your own pace.
How to get started
- Visit www.training.belongto.org/learn
- Select the course: Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Sports.
- Click the button ‘Create new account’.
This project is supported by the LGBTI+ Community Service Fund 2021 from the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth.