This is an online course for adults (18+) who work or volunteer with young people in their communities on the topic of supporting LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
The course explores LGBTQ+ terminology, mental health and LGBTI+ young people, and strategies for creating LGBTQ+ safe and supportive spaces.
This training is a self-directed online course that takes approximately 2.5 hours, done in your own time and at your own pace. Upon completing the course, you will receive a Certificate.
What do I get?
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Utilise the appropriate language and terminology when supporting LGBTI+ young people
- Discuss the current landscape of LGBTI+ young people’s mental health
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTI+ young people’s mental health
- Outline the impact of minority stress upon LGBTI+ young people’s mental health
- Apply practical strategies to help build resilience among the LGBTI+ young people they work with.