Our vision is to create a world where young LGBTQ+ people are safe, valued, and equal in their experiences. Through support, dialogue, and education we can achieve this.
We regularly offer specialised LGBTQ+ training to mental health professionals, the education, and the corporate sector. During these training sessions, we work to break down barriers associated with LGBTQ+ identity, educate individuals around terminology, and inspire them to support their LGBTQ+ colleagues, friends, and community.
Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Sports
We are delighted to launch our new online training course, ‘Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Sports’.
Research tells us that many LGBTQ+ young people can feel excluded from sports and there is still work to do to ensure that sport is inclusive to everyone.
The interactive course includes videos, exercises and quizzes. The course is designed to empower professionals with the skills and awareness needed to provide a more supportive environment for LGBTQ+ youth engaging in sport.
As part of the training, participants will learn about:
- Participation of LGBTQ+ youth in sport.
- The impact of casual homophobia in sport.
- Actions to create a safe, inclusive club.
- LGBTQ+ terminology and language.
- Inclusion and bias.
This training is a self-directed online course that takes approximately 45-minutes, so you can do it in your own time and at your own pace.
How to sign up:
- Visit https://training.belongto.org/learn
- Select the course: Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Sports
- Click the button ‘Create new account’.
This project is supported by the LGBTI+ Community Service Fund 2021 from the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth.
LGBTQ+ Inclusive Training
Join Belong To this Pride for a range of training opportunities and support the lives of LGBTQ+ youth. We can help you to create an inclusive workplace for LGBTQ+ employees and equip your team with the tools to be an ally.
- Expert panel speakers
- LGBTQ+ workshops
- Employee events
- Interactive e-learning
Our specialist training can now be delivered in person or virtually. For more information call +353 (0)1 670 6223 or email email@example.com.
We offer interactive online training for those working in the education, youth, and corporate sector:
- Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Schools and Youth Services
- Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusive Workplaces
- In The Know – Training for those working with young gbMSM in partnership with The Sexual Health Centre.
Supporting the Mental Health of LGBTI+ Young People with Jigsaw
This free training is for adults (18+) who work or volunteer with young people in their communities on the topic of supporting LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
The course explores LGBTQ+ terminology, mental health and LGBTI+ young people, and strategies for creating LGBTQ+ safe and supportive spaces.
This training is a self-directed online course that takes approximately 2.5 hours, done in your own time and at your own pace. Upon completing the course, you will receive a Certificate.
By the end of this training programme, participants should be able to:
- Utilise appropriate language and terminology when supporting LGBTQ+ young people.
- Discuss the current landscape of LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
- Outline the impact of minority stress upon LGBTQ+ young people’s mental health.
- Apply practical strategies to help build resilience among the LGBTQ+ young people they work with.
Would you like to create a youth service that is fully inclusive of LGBTQ+ youth? Check out our new free accreditation programme.Learn More
Find a Youth Group
LGBTQ+ youth groups are safe and welcoming places to meet other LGBTQ+ young people, share your experiences, hang out, chat and make friends.Learn More